Do you struggle with having enough time in the morning to make breakfast?
Try this easy recipe to start your day off with a bang! This recipe has been a hit at our house. It gets your day started with some protein + veggies, which are two areas that are the toughest to consume for many people.
I make it on Sunday and it's good 'n' ready for the next several days.
12 whole eggs
1/4-1/3 lb breakfast sausage
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
4 mini peppers, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Spray 9x13 glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cook breakfast sausage on medium-high heat in a pan until cooked through.
4. Chop peppers and onion.
5. Whisk eggs in a large bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add sausage, peppers, and onion to the egg mixture.
7. Whisk until combined, then pour into glass pan.
8. Sprinkle cheese over the top if desired.
9. Cook at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
10. Allow to cool, then dish out 8 servings in meal prep containers.
Reheat for about 1 minute.
Feel free to swap the sausage for another protein of choice. Same goes for veggies -- choose the ones you enjoy! Other combinations could be:
egg + spinach + onion + tomato + cheese,
egg + bacon + tomato + cheese,
egg + ham + hash browns + onions.
No more scrambling in the morning (see what I did there... egg-cellent..).