'Tis the season for fall, football, and food.
At least that's how I was brought up to enjoy Thanksgiving.
Eat, watch football, nap, repeat x2-3.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I discovered this recipe last year during a FIND. ALLLLL. THE. RECIPES. kick in the depths of 2020 'rona, and it's become my favorite Brussels sprout recipe to date.
Before y'all turn up your nose to ~*OMG VeGeTabLeS oN ThAnKsGiVinG, imma pass*~,
Read ahead. You gotta give this one a whirl.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, & Honey
1 lb halved Brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
4 thick cut bacon slices, chopped
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup pomegranate arils
Grated parmesan to taste
1. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Lay Brussels sprouts cut side down.
3. Sprinkle bacon around the sprouts.
4. Roast until deeply browned and bacon is crisp (20-25 min)
5. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, bring honey to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute.
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter and pinch of salt.
7. Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and drizzle honey over the sprouts.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with parmesan and arils.
Happy eating, friend!