The benefits of exercise should be more than enough to convince you to get moving! Regardless of your age, weight, or gender, EVERYONE can benefit. Check out the ways exercise can help you lead a happier and healthier life -
1. The discipline applied to going to the gym regularly can be utilized in every aspect of your life, whether that is with school, work, or your home life. Once you have the rhythm of your daily routine, achieving the goals you have set for yourself becomes much easier. As long as you keep yourself in check, you will see results!
2. You will sleep better at night. If you have trouble falling asleep, adding exercise to your daily routine will enhance your quality of sleep and allow you to fall asleep quicker. *Be sure you do not exercise too close to bed time otherwise you may have too much energy to sleep.
3. Boosts your energy levels. If you find you are lagging at work or dragging yourself out of bed each morning, hit the gym! Even a quick 30-minute session will release the endorphins necessary to keep you energized throughout the day.
4. Washes your worries away. Focusing on the exercise rather than your stress at work will leave you in a much better mood than you were the hour before. Less stress leads to less irritability, which in turn encourages better relationships with your family, friends, and co-workers!
5. Increases your creativity and thought clarity. For example, exercising before a big meeting will not only reduce your stress level, but will also help you gather your thoughts and ideas. In addition, studies have shown that having a one-on-one meeting while walking can increase productivity.
6. Helps prevent disease and promotes longevity. Exercise helps avoid diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and osteoporosis. Exercise also lowers cholesterol and prevents high blood pressure.
7. Boosts self-confidence. Regardless of weight or size, giving a workout your all makes you feel accomplished and amazing. Take a look in the mirror after your next workout and tell me how you feel - I would be stunned if you said you don't feel as confident as you did before you got to the gym. No one leaves the gym regretting a workout!
8. Exercise is FUN! Working out can even be considered a social experience. Whether you are chatting with the 'regulars' between sets at the gym or going for a walk with a friend, these encounters make physical activity much more enjoyable. Hey, even a little friendly competition wouldn't hurt! :)
Now, get those endorphins going!